New protocols for office visits
May 12th, 2020
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted many changes to your normal office visit. These changes have been introduced to protect everyone’s health and safety during your visit. All of our staff have been tested for COVID-19 and are negative. They are being monitored daily as well and will be practicing safety guidelines.
- If you are sick, do not come to the office. Call our front desk and we will reschedule your appointment promptly once you’re healthy again.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Do not bring someone else with you to your appointment. They will not be able to enter the office and wait for you. The only exceptions are for those who require medical assistance or translation assistance. Additionally, please do not bring any pets to the office with you.
- The day before your appointment, as in the past, you will be called to confirm your appointment. During that call you will be asked if you have any symptoms like fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste. You will also be asked if you have been recently exposed to COVID-19 or have been traveling on a commercial airplane within the last 2 weeks.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office from your car. A staff member will either tell you to come up to the office at that time or will ask you to wait in your car until they text you to come up. Before entering the front door of the office, you will be met by a staff member who will take your temperature with a no-touch forehead thermometer to be sure you don’t have a fever. They will again ask you if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. You will be given a mask if you don’t have one, as well as hand sanitizer since you touched the doorknob to enter the office. We will stagger appointments so that on the day of your treatment, you will not interact with any other patients.
- You will be taken directly to an exam room which has been cleaned and disinfected just prior to your arrival. There are also air filtration machines installed in each exam room which sterilize the air.
- Our medical assistants, who will be wearing N95 masks and protective eye shields, will take your history and prepare you for your visit. You will be asked to sign a new COVID-19 consent form in addition to any of the usual consent forms you may be used to.
- After your treatment, you will check out while in the exam room and any products you purchase will be brought to you. If you give us your credit card information the day before your appointment, we can handle the checkout without physically touching your card.
- Please try to make your follow up appointments during your office visit. With new scheduling changes and staggered appointments, last minute appointments may be difficult to schedule.