Articles & Tips
Top 8 Uses for Botox Injections
Expression is a way of life, but years of frowns and smiles can take their toll on your face. Fortunately, Botox Cosmetic injections can relax those overused muscles that lead to wrinkles in the face. Botox is undeniably the gold standard of anti-aging procedures, but you may not realize the scope of what these injections can do. Take a closer look at the top 8 uses for Botox injections, some of which will likely surprise you.
Uses for Botox Injections in Beverly Hills
Botox can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but it can also rejuvenate the jawline, help reduce migraines and even tackle excessive sweating. Here are the top 8 uses for Botox injections in our Beverly Hills medical spa.
- Forehead Lines: The forehead is where most men and women see fine lines and wrinkles as they age. By injecting Botox into the muscles of the forehead, it acts as a localized muscle relaxer to reduce the movement that creates and deepens forehead wrinkles.
- Crow's Feet: Using Botox for crow's feet can be incredibly effective. Crow's feet are the lines that form around the eyes and are often the first lines we notice as we age. When injected into the muscles at the outer corner of the eye, crow’s feet soften. Treatment also helps slow the progression of crow’s feet becoming more pronounced.
- Frown Lines: Turn that frown upside down because one of the ways Botox can be used is between the eyebrows where frown lines, are formed. These are the vertical lines between the brows, also called the 11’s. A few Botox injections in the area helps reduce their appearance and slow their progression.
- Brow Lift: Tired of people telling you that you look tired all the time? Rather than turning to surgery for a brow lift, you can opt for a Botox brow lift. In under five minutes, a few injections can lift sagging eyebrows and reduce the furrows in your brow.
- Neck & Jawline Rejuvenation: Many signs of aging are found in the neck as well as the jawline. Turn jowls into a defined jawline once again with Botox for neck and jaw injections. Treatments help contour the jawline, slim the lower face to make it look more feminine, and tighten a turkey neck.
- Teeth Grinding: If you wake up with jaw pain or headaches in the morning, you might be a grinder. Bruxism, or teeth grinding, may not seem like a job for Botox. However, the FDA approved Botox for teeth grinding to help patients who experience severe jaw pain and prevent damage to teeth. Botox relaxes the muscles of the jaw to eliminate grinding the teeth at night.
- Migraines: People who suffer with chronic migraines often find relief from prescription medications; others receive a prescription for Botox. Prescription Botox for chronic migraines is an FDA-approved procedure that blocks nerve signals relaying pain to minimize or even eliminate migraines. If prescription migraine remedies have failed, Botox can help.
- Excessive Sweating: If you sweat through your clothing, even on cool days, you could have a condition known as hyperhidrosis. For many people, prescription antiperspirants can help, but not everyone benefits from these remedies. In these cases, patients often turn to Botox for hyperhidrosis. A series of Botox injections, often in the underarms, prevents the sweat glands from perspiring. Results last several months. Repeated treatments are required to maintain results, though patients often require fewer injections during subsequent touch up treatments.
Looking for Providers for Botox Injections in Beverly Hills?
Botox injections are available for cosmetic reasons, but they also have several medical benefits. For the best results, be sure to seek out the best professionals to administer Botox. At Lasky Aesthetics in Beverly Hills, world-renowned doctors lead a first-class team of medical professionals. Contact us for a consultation and prepare to look like the best possible version of yourself.« Back to Articles & Tips